Search This Blog

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Eat Your Vegies...

Image via The Kitchen Maid

Recently I've come across some outrageously, delicious looking, sweet recipes using vegetables. Who could resist things like the Spicy Parsnip and Pecan Cakes from The Kitchen Maid or the Chocolate Zucchini Cupcakes with Sweet Potato Cream Cheese Frosting from The Nearsighted Owl? If that's not enough, just in time for Halloween, there's this spicy, sweet Pumpkin Pie I saw over at Petits Plaisir de la Vie.

I love my vegies anyway and would be just as happy eating this delicious dish from Cooking A Storm In A Teacup but we all know people (big and small) who need a little leg up with their vegetable intake don't we?

6 comments:

  1. I love vegies too ... and getting my vegies via cake sounds pretty fantastic to me!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too kind! I love the idea of sweet potato frosting too, yum!
    (Oh and I finally responded to the pantry meme - though you will be disappointed by our cereal packet-free cupboards!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll go and checkout your pantry meme now Lucy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These will all be great ways to get the kiddies to eat their veggies......I've also heard of a recipe for chocolate beetroot cake that's supposed to be really moist and luscious.....

    ,,,,thanks for the mention of my dish too, Caz....

    ReplyDelete
  5. ps....are you enjoying the Fry Chronicles?....it's being serialised on BBC 4...I caught the end of a program the other day about the merits of Apple Mac's...which caught my attention....seems clever and amusing.....not surprisingly really cos so is Stephen Fry....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really enjoying The Fry Chronicles Deb although I do think it would be wonderful to hear it read aloud as his writing style is very conversational. I'm sure you'd like it.

    ReplyDelete