Search This Blog

Friday, October 21, 2011

Surprise lunch...




The other day the kids offered to make me a salad for lunch. Lovely I said thinking that they were playing their favourite game, 'cafes'. About 15 minutes later I wandered into the kitchen only to see Henry cutting up carrots with a sharp paring knife and Isabella cutting up a tomato with a butter knife! Not wanting to rain on their parade (but praying that no fingers were going to end up in the salad) I allowed myself to be shoo-ed away. A few minutes later they brought me a lovely salad of tomatoes, carrots and marinated fetta finished off with french dressing and some basil they picked themselves. It was the best salad I've ever tasted...

5 comments:

  1. From this and the last post, it's evident that your little ones are growing up into responsible little people...you must be very proud of them both...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lochie is a great cook. I have just eaten my first chocolate souffle created by him as part of some inexplicable drama homework...I was happy to oblige! He is more adventurous in his cooking than me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sophie!

    Yes Debby they're growing up so quickly. Henry has been attending transition classes at school in readiness for school next year and this week he has just learnt to read - amazing!

    Helen, it's hard to imagine what role the chocolate souffle played in drama homework isn't it? Still who cares when there's yummy souffle. Well done Lochie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, that's so sweet. I'm also glad there were no additions of fingers to the salad!

    Btw, great choice of drink there- I love that brand of Peach Iced Tea, it's perfect with mineral water in hot weather. :-)

    ReplyDelete