Search This Blog

Saturday, May 22, 2010

The Little Black Dress

Uploaded on March 4, 2010by dovima_is_devine

Earlier this week I bought Isabella her first Little Black Dress (well it's more of a tunic really to be worn over leggings). After all, she is 6 and my mother bought me my first LBD when I was 2. I don't remember that one, of course, but Mum always described it as a beautiful black velvet number which raised quite a few eyebrows on one so young.

Since then I've had many LBDs. During the 1980s and 1990s I had several on the go including a groovy Saba designed empire-line one with long sleeves (past the wrists and over the hands) and scoop neckline which I wore every chance I got. I also had quite a few different sleeveless sheath-style dresses made of cotton, linen and crepe. I wore them to work, to parties, to pubs, to the theatre - anywhere really. That's what's so great about the LBD. You can dress it up or down with accessories and shoes. It can be elegant, playful, gothic, romantic, edgy or demure. Audrey Hepburn knew this all too well.

I don't actaully have an LBD at the moment which is something I feel I must remedy. You really can't complain that you have nothing to wear when you have at least one beautifully fitted LBD in your wardrobe. If you have one in yours I'd love to hear about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment