Do you have certain things you really must have to get through the day? Some daily essentials without which your day would just not be the same? Tracey at Quiet Paws has tagged me to share my Five Daily Essentials and after careful consideration I plumped for the following five:
1) a good strong cup of tea:- without a good strong cuppa first thing in the morning I'm useless. Coffee can come later at morning tea but first I need my tea.
2) my trusty lipstick:- I don't really wear much make-up but I rarely if ever go out without a slick of lipstick. I just feel naked without it. People are so used to seeing me with lipstick on that if I do forget to put it on I'm always being asked if I'm unwell! (I'm a bit on the pale side at the best of times).
3) a notebook:- there is absolutely nothing worse than being caught short without a notebook. I like to have one with me at all times to jot down fleeting ideas I know I'll forget otherwise, or to make a note of interesting books, websites, recipes or ideas for blog posts. I usually like fairly utilitarian notebooks rather than fancy ones which I find a bit intimidating but I've had this one languishing for years and I've decided it's time to use it.
4) a crunchy apple (preferably Pink Lady):- I really do believe there's something to the saying, 'an apple a day keeps the doctor away', so I usually have an apple or two stashed away in my bag or car.
5) a good book:- I'm one of those crazy people who always carry a book around with them even if they know that there is only a slim chance they'll have time to read it. To me a book is a security blanket, a suit of armour and a damn good companion.