Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

You Know Christmas Is On Its Way When...


...the deadline for getting your Softies for Mirabel to Pip is fast approaching. We just finished this little awake/asleep fella today. I did the sewing and Henry did the stuffing - most satisfying. While we were working we talked about the fact that not all kids have lots of toys/food/family to make their Christmas special. Henry thought that was most unfair and so do I. When we'd finally finished I wasn't sure whether or not Henry was going to make a fuss about keeping it himself (it's happened before) but not today. He simply held it at arms length and said, 'there, someone for a little kiddie to love'.

5 comments:

  1. Poor Henry, I can understand why he had a hard time letting that little cutie go :)

    I must start making my Christmas gifts, so little time Caz, so litle time....sighs forlornly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, yes time - where does it go (especially at this time of year!). I think the only thing I can manage from here on in is food. Maybe some panforte and chocolate truffles? I've given myself a break from all the Christams traditions this year (pudding etc) as I'm the only one who eats it anyway! Good luck with whatever you're making I'm sure it will be ace as always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should say Henry has his own awake/asleep 'baby' which I made a few years ago. It's a bit grotty now but he still loves it - he calls it James.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Caz, you are nurturing a very caring and sensitive little boy. Can't wait to give you both a big hug

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Ange - I'm sure you're doing the same! Not long to go now (yay!).

    ReplyDelete