Wednesday, June 19, 2013
It's cold, cold, cold here at the moment. Winter Solstice is upon us, the mornings are dark and it's almost impossible to get the washing dry. These little biscuits are my attempt to inject a little sunshine into our light deprived lives.
125 grams butter, softened
2 teaspoons of finely grated lemon zest
2/3 cup (110g) icing sugar, sifted
1/3 cup (55g) polenta
1 1/3 cups (200g) plain flour, sifted
1 cup icing sugar, sifted
juice of 1/2 lemon (add a few drops of water if necessary)
1. Preheat oven to 180C/ 375F and lined two trays with baking paper
2. Cream butter, icing sugar and zest then stir in polenta and flour.
3. Roll dough out between two sheets of baking paper until it measures about 1-2cm.
4. Use cutter (or just roll into balls and flatten) and place each biscuit on tray.
5. Bake for 10 -15 mins or until lightly golden and slightly firm to the touch.
6. Leave to cool before icing.